What are Tonsil Stones and How to get rid of Tonsil Stones?
Tonsil stones: Also known as tonsilloliths, tonsil stones are the ghastly little stones inside your tonsil crypts. The tonsil crypts are the crevices that are found inside your tonsils and can vary from 10 to 20 in numbers depending on the person. Tonsil stones are nasty little stones made the combination of different particles like leftover food particles, bacteria, mucus and dead cells.
The formation of tonsil stones is caused by different bacteria accumulated on tonsil crypts and hardens tonsil crypts. With the building of tonsil stones, there may be a feeling like something is stuck down the back of your throat. They are really irritating and painful that they make people think how to get rid of tonsil stones?
How to get rid of tonsil stones: Prevention is better than cure. One must try to prevent tonsil stones from being developed. There can be many ways to do so:
- Removing bacteria from the tongue while brushing.
- Brushing teeth regularly.
- Gargle with salt water on daily basis
- Increasing water intake
- Avoid intake of acidic food.
- Increase magnesium intake
- Minimise intake of medicines
- Avoid drinks with huge amount of sugar
- Say no to smoking and drinking
- Minimise consumption of dairy product
- Have a proper food hygiene and don’t eat before going to bed
In short, if you prevent the formation of these stones then you don’t need to follow any system of medications to get rid of these stones. Applying natural techniques is the best solution to the problem ‘how to get rid of tonsil stones?’ By halting the growth of awful bacteria that causes both tonsil stones and infection can help in prevention from tonsil stones. Maintaining a complete oral care helps in stopping the production of the tonsil stones.